MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CFS2 QC

Hiya Martin
Haven't yaked with you in a coon's age.. Your site still looks good. Brings back memories..

Got a few questions about CFS2, I don't recall what the deal was with Quick Combat and the QC file. Is it necessary to 'enter' an aircraft I want to fly as an option in the QC file? I'm asking this because I don't remember having so many a/c cause 'locking up' in QC. The stock a/c seem fine but addon planes, some worse than others, at some point will lock up the game. Using a QC Editor I found in the archeives seems to fix this somewhat. Maybe there are some tweeks you could remind me off? :)
Thanks for any advise..

Here is my system;

XP Home SP3 32
2.4 AMD 64 Processor
Albatron K8T800 Main Board
250Gb HD NTFS
1.5 Gb RAM
GForce 7800 GS
NVIDIA Driver Version 196.21 Version 4.00.1381.9621
Samsung 24" SyncMaster Monitor

Saitek X52 Joystick; no sst software installed presently.

Re: CFS2 QC

Its been a long while for me playing with CFS2...
You certainly need any aircraft you want to appear either as wingmen or enemies to be in the QC list but I can`t remember if you can change aircraft during QC to select an aircraft for yourself from the general aircraft list (and I haven`t currently got CFS2 installed so I can check)

I don`t remember any great problems or clever tweaks for QC from the past. You do need to keep your total number of CFS2 aircraft under the "100-ish" limit to avoid problems starting missions/qc/freeflight but this doesn`t sound like that problem

Re: CFS2 QC

Thx Martin.. I 'think' the new graphics cards and drivers have passed up this old code and they don't know quite what to do with all that old stuff.. just my opinion. I have to run a screen res at a min of 1200x1600 with this monitor.. unheard of back in 2000.. When I'm in panel view my fps are down to about 10.. Go out of panel view and they are back up to 80-100fps.
Anyway pretty soon I'll put all this on a dvd and let some archeologist find it one day lol.
Thanks