MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Win 7 Professional 64 bit

Martin, I am still unable to get TGATool2 to work with Win7 64 bit.
I did find an old version on my computer of TGATool2.exe dated 2/6/2002 and it works fine. But the latest version that is packaged with Aceit v1.3.1 will not work for me. I have tried setting the drawing program to MSPaint and that fails as well. The closest I have come is to send the image to PSP.EXE and you can see the Paint Shop Pro 7 window in the background, but the error message says unable to open the bmp file.
Was there something left out of the newer version of TGATool2 that might be needed by Win7? Any further thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul.

If you have tried running as administrator and it still doesn`t work the only other thing I can suggest is to select the "use old send to editor" option on the prefs menu
This will switch it back to the old mode where tgatool remains accessible while the editor is open. That`s one of the only differences between the older versions and the current one

I just discovered that the temporary files are being sent by TGATool2 to my project folder, and I suppose not to the PSP file which trys to open.
Don't know what that means, but I woo do some more snooping tomorrow and let you know what I discover.
Paul.

Yes, I am correct. When I try to send either an alpha file or the main file to the Editor (PSP7), it goes instead to the project folder where I have the dst file and the tga files I am working on, and not to PSP7. And both the alpha and the main files are sent there.
I can open them both with PSP7 manually.
I have 3 versons of TGATool on my computer, namely the 2002 version that works, and 2 versions that seem to be the same version (the latest) but located in different Folders.
I guess I could try deleting both of the newer versions, and then reinstalling?
Paul DeVerter