Return to Website

MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Creating CFS1 Scenery

Hi. I have spent the better part of the last year creating Caribbean scenery for CFS1 using CFSClass, Airport 2.6, etc. Upon completion of the CFSClass portion, leveling airfield areas, etc., I linked all of the scenery in each 99x99 tile using PatLink. After that, I created the Classlist for each tile, using the coordinates on the edges of each large area. No frills here, just used the standard CFS options. Then I created the Seed file using Seed Generator, same coordinates as the classlist file above. Then I made its own scenery folder in the main scenery folder (C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesCombat Flight SimulatorsceneryCaribbeanScenery) and put all files inside of it. The airport files work great, but the main scenery does not work. It just doesn't appear. What should I do to fix this? I made scenery for the Aleutian Islands about a year ago, and they work fine. I have this nagging feeling that I'm just forgetting something simple, but can't think of what it could be. Thank you for any help you may provide!

-Allan

Re: Creating CFS1 Scenery

I`m afraid its many years since I did anything with CFS1 or the various old tools so its all down to memory. I know that in the past I have successfully created large and small sceneries for many parts of the world from the falklands to korea (including one for Cuba) without any problems

The main reason for scenery not appearing (or not appearing where you expect) is incorrect coordinates. Either for the tiles themselves or for the classlist.
I would suggest trying it without linking the bgls together with patlink (in case the linking is corrupting something) and maybe starting with just one tile block and checking that for appearance before adding the others one at a time.

I don`t even have CFS1 installed these days

Re: Creating CFS1 Scenery

Thank you for your quick response. I deleted the linked .bgl files and loaded the entire folder into the cfs scenery folder I had created for the caribbean islands, and it worked. I then re-patlinked all of the files, and they work perfectly now. Not sure what I did any differently, if anything. Anyway, thank you for your response. I love CFS1 (mostly because my computer is older and won't run CFS2 lol), and I enjoy creating scenery and aircraft for it. This scenery is for a Cuban Missile Crisis campaign, and includes southern Florida, Cuba, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Haiti in its scope. Anyway...thank you agian