Return to Website

MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
xnorm.bmp and Kaspersky Anti Virus

I have received a number of reports from users over recent months where images were failing to load into DXTBmp and an error message relating to xnorm.bmp was being displayed.

The common factor will all these users was that they all had Kaspersky antivirus on their machines.

It seems that the "application activity analyzer" (AAA) function in Kaspersky doesn`t like something DXTBmp (or actually the support dll... so this may happen with my other programs as well) is doing when loading a particular image. The real problem is that instead of asking the user to allow or deny the action it just stops it without any message or warning. Even DXTBmp doesn`t know it has been blocked and happily carries on.... only to find the temporary image file isn`t actually there.

Turning off AAA should solve this problem. However it would be better if Kaspersky fix the problem so if there any Kaspersky users hitting this problem I would ask them to feedback to Kaspersky so they know there is a problem to fix.

No other AV (as far as I am aware) has any problem with my programs. There have been very occasional instances where new virus definitions have falsely detected a virus in DXTBmp but this has stopped after the next update

Re: xnorm.bmp and Kaspersky Anti Virus

recent checking on the web indicates that AAA is now called "Proactive Defence". With this turned off DXTBmp should work again.

Re: xnorm.bmp and Kaspersky Anti Virus

Hi,
Thanks to author...Norton Internet Security 2012 (NIS) is the latest version of Symantec’s internet security suite for home users. NIS works with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows and provides protection from viruses, rootkits, bots, spam and more. Read on to find out how well it works and how well it stacks up against the competition.

norton antivirus free trial / norton antivirus free download