Return to Website

MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MGrab with MS-DOS window

Hi, I can successfully grab images with MGrab (4.00.12) from a particular old 3rd party MS-DOS program, even when the Window is a Command Line (MS-DOS) window. But when this program draws graphs (it is a technical calculation program), it maximises the screen and MGrab (and Windows) cannot capture the screen any more. The odd thing is, when the program finishes its graphs, it continues locked in the full-screen state and now MGrab cannot capture even the text screens which it could handle when they were in a window.
Any ideas? Is there a way I can force the full screen display back into a window, perhaps?

Re: MGrab with MS-DOS window

Windows doesn`t really handle true MS-DOS programs so I suspect it is actually running as a console emulation.
My guess is that it is using some really old mode like EGA when running in full screen and it looks like windows doesn`t see it in its normal screen buffer.

All I can suggest is experimenting with the options in the properties for the program (or shortcut - this gives more compatibility options) and see if anything works.

Re: Re: MGrab with MS-DOS window

Thanks Martin,
I guess I was just hoping there would be a trick to get around this.
I have since discovered that "Alt-Enter" switches between full screen and window mode, and this works for the text screen, but not for the graphics screen. So when it comes back from graphs to text in full screen, I can use Alt-Enter to switch back to a window, and then MGrab starts working again.
I have made sure the shortcut sets it to run only in a window, and that is how it always starts. And I think I have tried all the other legal fixes on offer.
Anyway, I am still very impressed with MGrab.