MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: AFD & Runway Generator 2.12 "mkafd2"

The bgl files are the ones that are used by CFS2.
They should work in any valid scenery folder and it sounds like you are putting them in valid folders

First thing to ask is does CFS2 still crash if you take the 2 bgls out. If it still crashes then there is something else amiss not related to your new files. If it doesn`t then just put the afd bgl in and see if it still works. And if this works check that your new airfield is appearing in the airport list.

If the above works but when you put the runway bgl in you get the crash again then it may be related to the CFS2 library runway bug. This normally just throws up a "Library object not found" error but its possible it might cause a crash. CFS2 has a bug in the runways.bgl that means sometimes it just can`t find the required runway object. Try creating the runway file again but use one of the FS runway options instead of the CFS2 Runway object

I don`t currently have CFS2 installed but I know that I used MkAFD2 many times in the past and never saw a crash related to it.

Re: Re: AFD & Runway Generator 2.12 "mkafd2"

Martin,
WOW, you responded. I didn't expect you to as I know that CFS-2 is way out dated and you are a busy man.
So, CFS-2 does not crash once I removed the BGL's that I created using the CFS-2 runway tab.
I took your advice and used the FS runway tab instead. Works AWESOME! So, new question. Do you know how to add static objects to the runway? The runway looks kind of loney with out something like maybe a hanger or oil rig? I noticed and I am sure if you have as well that CFS-2 loads static objects into each airfield. I also know that in Mission builder you can add these items. I am hoping that you know another way to add these perminatly?
Thanks again for your software and your support.
Steve