MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: auto alpha insert from bmp

BmpCrop was designed a long time ago specifically for slicing large bmp files in 256 colours and later 24 bit. It wouldn`t be able to cope with alpha channels without a complete rewrite from scratch.

Again the core code exists if someone wanted to write such a program.

Most of my programs originally appeared because I wrote them to solve a specific problem I was having at the time.

You would be better off creating your main image and alpha seperately. They could then be cropped seperately as well.

Its difficult to know what to advise without knowing the sort of project you are working on

Re: Re: Re: Re: auto alpha insert from bmp

Some info about my project.
I'm doing the UTST airport freeware scenery for MSFS2004. I'm doing (in photoshop) a big bmp picture image which covers the airport region and will be used as 512x512 sliced textures of GMAX ground polygons in future. My big bmp have also alpha channel inside which will doing the image border trancparency in the FS. So I need to do the 512x512 or 1024x1024 slices from my big image and keep also a sliced alpha channel inside every slice. Photoshop can do slices but can't save them in bmp32 format. Only non sliced big bmp32 can be saved from photoshop.

So two ways is possible for me:

1 - make big non sliced bmp32 with alpha channel inside and slice it later in some other tools;
2 - make separately two big bmps (first as main image and second for alpha) then slice both and combine each pairs to bmp32 or dxt3

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auto alpha insert from bmp

Well if Photoshop will allow the slicing and saving in Targa 32 bit format with the alpha channel retained you should then be able to run the slices through my ConvImX batch convertor program (on the beta page) to convert to DXT3 or Bmp32.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auto alpha insert from bmp

No Sir. Photoshop allow to save slices only in the webdesign related formats GIF, PNG-8, PNG-24, JPG and WBMP. So all without alpha. :(