MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Resizing Image

DXTBmp is designed for editing and creating textures.
Textures always have to be a power-of-2 in width and height so images are automatically resized to the nearest valid size.

For converting non-texture images just use my Show or ConvIm programs. These will retain the dimensions. For 565 use the "WindowsNT 16 bit 565" save option. For 256 colours you can also use any normal paint program.

Re: Re: Resizing Image

Thanks for the reply, Martin
"For 256 colours you can also use any normal paint program."
I looked in my PhotoShop v.7 and Irfanview and neither has these has save to 256 colors option. (?) Any other suggestions? I have so many progs in my computer i'm reluctant to add another if one of my installed will do the job.
cheers,
Bill

Re: Re: Re: Resizing Image

O.K., I noticed Windows Paint will SaveAs 256BMP but it completely screws up the image afterwards. Why does Microsoft make life so complicated?

Re: Re: Re: Resizing Image

With PSP you first reduce the colours to 256 using the "decrease colour depth" option on the Colours menu. Then save as windows or OS2 bitmap.

You can do something similar with Show (on the image processing button) or use the "force 256 colour" option in convim

Convim may be your best bet for both types. Just design them using PSP and then convert them to 256 colour or 16 bit 565 using convim

Re: Re: Re: Re: Resizing Image

Thank you very much Martin, for all your help and all your useful programs.