none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No access to C Drive

Martin,
Terrific program you have developed.

One of the PCs I use (you might guess which location ) won't let me install the dll files in the pc's C: drive. I have tried to manually paste the mwgfx.dll in there but it stops me. Machine let's me put anything I want into the H: drive - including the mwgfx.dll which I have pasted in with the dxt.bmp exe in the same folder in the H: drive - but this also fails and expect that this may not work because it needs to run in the system32/registry folders (just guessing here not a techie myself!)?

Any ideas how to get around this? I really just would like to be able to view dxt image files. All of the alternative programs to yours out there seem to also require dll files as well, and none of the alternatives are as good as this program!

Regards and thanks for sharing your work product.

Expat

Re: No access to C Drive

This sounds like a permissions problem. You will need to be logged on with Admin rights to access the system folders (XP I assume)

You could just put the dlls in the same folder as DXTBmp but the mwgfxdll.exe file is an installer containing the dlls so it won`t do anything. If you have some way of transferring files between PCs (USB key?) then you could get all the mwgx???.dll files from windowssystem32 on the other PC and copy them to the dxtbmp folder on the "bad" machine.

However you should be able to access the system folder and run the dll installer if you are set up with admin priviledges. If you only have "Limited" access rights then the system will stop you accessing a lot of areas