MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rivers and roads on 3D mesh scenery in CFS 1

Hi,
I have some CFS1 3D mesh sceneries of my country. I would like to make some BGL with buildings, roads and rivers just to have a more realistic visual flight.
For building I use Airport and/or the CFS built-in utility and all is OK (in Airport I have to choose the right elevation, of course). How can I make rivers and roads if elevation changes from point to point?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I know CFS1 is a very old game, but I like it, and run with a good FPS.

Re: rivers and roads on 3D mesh scenery in CFS 1

How have you created the 3D mesh?

The problem with CFS1 is that roads and rivers have no flattening effect and so have to be laid exactly at the correct elevation at each "point". this is very difficult to do because the mesh contains loads of different elevations. In fact the only way to do it is to create the road in very short sections that each just cover one elevation tile. Even here the road can only run from one corner of the tile to another (along one side or diagonally from corner to corner) if it is going to follow the ground (unless you are prepared for some very tricky trigonometry)

Generally roads are only easy to do in flat areas

Re: rivers and roads on 3D mesh scenery in CFS 1

The 3D mesh scenery is not mine. It is Italy (North and South) by C. Burgess. I think it was made with CfsTmap.

Thank you for you reply. I know the problem with roads and rivers in CFS1 and you confirm my doubt that roads are only easy to do in flat areas.