MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: High quality digital images

resizing will inevitable lose detail. After all you are throwing away a lot of data.

Taking smaller pictures may help but remember that your camera doesn`t switch to a smaller CCD to take lower resolution pictures. It might use a smaller area on the CCD collector or it may take a full sized picture and resize it during the conversion to jpeg.

Working with larger images you can do things like cropping square or cutting out a smaller section before any resizing. Resizing in PSP gives a range of options as to how the downsampling is done and you should experiment to see what gives the best results.

If your camera has a RAW output option (ie not converted to jpeg) then it would be worth trying that. Jpeg by its very nature adds some low level dithering to image data. Not normally visible in photos but once you start processing the data it can introduce unwanted mess.

Re: Re: Re: Re: High quality digital images

Hi Martin.

Many thanks for the reply.

I think I'll have to experiment with PSP's methods for resizing. I initially started playing with textures in APS v3 and don't recall a range of options for resizing. So, this is new territory. Lets see how I go.

Cheers,
Matthew.