Return to Website

MWGraphics Forum

none

MWGraphics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
repainting AF texture problem

Hi, im repainting an old Alain L Homme P51 which ive converted to scenery macro, im using a program called convr8 to change the AF textures to BMP them paint with PSP. the repainting is going well and is showing up in my scenery in both CFS2 and FS9 except for one small but iritating problem, i cant change the color of the prop cone, ive check'd all the original textures for any sign of the cone color and removed it, check ive got the background color i want, ive also looked in the main CFS2 texture folder and removed the stock CFS1 P51 textures and look'd for anything else where the color may be coming from, the texture/color must be coming from somwhere but im all out of ideas.
cheers ian

Re: repainting AF texture problem

Firstly you would probably be better off using Bmp2000 for your repainting and following the included instructions for repainting AF textures. I say this because Bmp2000 uses full 256 colour BMP as the format so you can use a full range of 256 colours as appropriate for each texture. R8/AF is stuck with a fixed (and limited) 256 colours for every texture of which not all are usable. Following the instructions you end up with proper BMP textures that the model will happily use without any modification (only the filenames are important)
ConvR8 does the best it can with the limited palette but having a different 256 colours for each texture allows for much more flexibility

On the prop spinner. This used to be pretty common. Some areas on the model are not textured but instead just used coloured polygons. One way to change the colours used is with MDLColor (on the Beta page). It will take a bit of trial and error but with it you can change the colour of these non-textured parts in older AF99 and FSDS1 models.