Return to Website

FREAKFM FORUM -

Write what you want...anything

FREAKFM FORUM -
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ham radio

You are invited to join the ham radio web sites association...

Hi, My name is Justin (KG2RG) and I have a few web sites . I, like any other web master, would like to improve the amount of traffic to my site. I started thinking about what would improve traffic to my site and then it hit me. What if there was a web site that linked all ham related sites together?

Have you ever noticed that fast food stores like MCDannalds, Burger King, Taco bell, and others are never alone. They are always 3 or 4 or more together on the same corner. Like stores in the mall they are concentrated. They do better that way.

So I started to work on this little idea and came up with a bigger idea. I wanted to design a web site that would operate as a network of ham related sites, an association all working together. I wanted to make it 100% free for the ham sites and for the viewers. I also wanted to give the full control of the site to all web sites within the association. No banners that we sometimes have to put up .

So I finally finished a site, www.jungleheaven.com/slingshot , that would belong to every site within the association network. Here's how it would works. The site is called "SlingShot-99 the ham readio web sites association

SlingShot-99 is a network of ham radio related web sites working together to help people find ham sites anywhere in the world "

Here is what we have:

Search Engine: This is a search engine similar to the Alta. Vista, Google and Yahoo. All web sites with in the network will be listed. Lets say your web site is a ham site in Tennesse and My site is in NY. Now suppose one of my viewers follows a link to the net work site (SlingShot-99)

and while he's there, He decides to do a search for a ham site in Tennessee because he is going there to visit the in-laws next week and he would like to work some

recommended repeaters or find a ham event while he's there.

Here our some free services we can offer you:

Forums: There is one forum at this time. We could add more in the future if the need should arise. The 1 forum is called "THE RAG CHEW". These forums are a place for people from all the sites to get to gether, trade reports ask questions and whatever else they want. Webmasters should should stop by the forums and look to help answer questions while plugging there web site at the same time. Example: "Hi Rick, yes the Yaesu FT901 DM has AM. Dave from www.yoursite.com."

News Room: The news room is where articles, news and updates about your site are posted. Only web sites within the network and volunteer editors are allowed to post . All web sites within the association will be giving a user name and a password witch will allow you to make new post, edit or delete a post that you already made.

Other features: Want ads, photo gallery, Tell a friend, Voting, Surveys, a viewers survey where you and viewers can post a survey but only the associates and editors can edit and delete any post at your descretion.

There are no banner ads here. SlingShot-99 does not sell anything and does not make any money on this. SlingShot-99 is like a mall providing entertainment and all of the ham radio related web sites are like the stores with in the mall. And the people will brows through the mall and go in and out of the stores.

Lets face it, web surfers like verity. The ham radio web sites association will provide just that and we would like you to be a part of this project.

If you are interested in becoming a part of the network, Then just contact me via e-mail and I will submit your site into the search engine data base and set up a user name and password for you.

I will need the following information from you:

(1) your name.

(2) your sites URL

(3) site title

(4) Your password (make one up and remember it)

(5) A link: A link to SlingShot-99 from your site. You put the link were you want and how you want.

If you have any questions or need any additional information, Please feel free to contact me. Thanking you in advance, Justin from our ham radio network.

www.jungleheaven.com/slingshot/