Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WF4 gasket

Is this the set that you got?

http://store.oldmercs.com/product_p/27-24708.htm

You could probably make it from from rubberized sheet gasket material from the auto parts store or cut it from a cereal box depending on what the original gasket was made of. I like to grease the cardboard to make it last longer in wet conditions.

Yes that's the exact kit I received, I was thinking about it but its sort of thick. So I didn't know if I could make my own. If you don't mind me asking, how did you post that picture??? I cant figure it out, if i could post a pic then it would be easier to explain the gasket im needing.

To post pictures, you have to upload them onto the internet to a picture hosting website such as Google+ photos, flickr, postimage.org, etc. and copy the picture url from there, or you can copy one from a current website such as what I did above by right clicking on the image and copying it's url. You cannot just upload a picture from your computer to a forum like this, it has to be uploaded to an online server first.

You have to use BB code to post them in a message:
There are lots of BB code(Bulletin Board Code) tutorials on Google and YouTube and also examples here, if you click the orange "bb code" text as you post a message. My favorite is www.bbcode.org. Basically you put the type of code you want to post in [ ] brackets at the front an end of the picture url. for pictures, you put pic. for a website, you put url in the brackets. the ending brackets always have a forward slash / before the command enclosed inside the brackets such as [/img].

I would suggest that you go to www.bbcode.org to learn some bb code. It's easy and once you learn a few basic commands, you can do lots of neat things with your postings.

awesome thank you. I will check that out shortly.