Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WF4 gasket

Bought a gasket kit for my Wizard F4 super twin. I did not get this gasket for this side section. I'm not sure what to call it. Here are some pictures of where the gaskets go and pictures of the gaskets. Need two new ones, and need to know where to get them. Thanks in advance.

Re: WF4 gasket

I can't figure out how to post pictures. So if looking at the motor head on, its the right side. 6 bolt plate, with a gasket, then a block off plate, then another gasket. Think its where the exhaust and water mix.

Is this the set that you got?

http://store.oldmercs.com/product_p/27-24708.htm

You could probably make it from from rubberized sheet gasket material from the auto parts store or cut it from a cereal box depending on what the original gasket was made of. I like to grease the cardboard to make it last longer in wet conditions.

Yes that's the exact kit I received, I was thinking about it but its sort of thick. So I didn't know if I could make my own. If you don't mind me asking, how did you post that picture??? I cant figure it out, if i could post a pic then it would be easier to explain the gasket im needing.

To post pictures, you have to upload them onto the internet to a picture hosting website such as Google+ photos, flickr, postimage.org, etc. and copy the picture url from there, or you can copy one from a current website such as what I did above by right clicking on the image and copying it's url. You cannot just upload a picture from your computer to a forum like this, it has to be uploaded to an online server first.

You have to use BB code to post them in a message:
There are lots of BB code(Bulletin Board Code) tutorials on Google and YouTube and also examples here, if you click the orange "bb code" text as you post a message. My favorite is www.bbcode.org. Basically you put the type of code you want to post in [ ] brackets at the front an end of the picture url. for pictures, you put pic. for a website, you put url in the brackets. the ending brackets always have a forward slash / before the command enclosed inside the brackets such as [/img].

I would suggest that you go to www.bbcode.org to learn some bb code. It's easy and once you learn a few basic commands, you can do lots of neat things with your postings.

awesome thank you. I will check that out shortly.