Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need Help To Determine Selling Price For a 1956 Wizard Super 5 WH6

The price of an old outboard motor depends upon many factors making supply and demand highly variable. If you are willing to ship try ebay with a reserve.
Otherwise Craigslist or ad in paper with a price and expect to negotiate.
Old is not Gold very often with outboards.
Louis

One thing is for sure - demand and prices are down drastically from a few years ago. Part economy, but primarily, I think, is that people who were mostly interested in the fifties - sixties motors are growing old, reaching the age where they have died or getting rid of their collections - just downsizing to meet their circumstances.

I am down from 43 to 8 motors, from 7 to 1 boat. I am 83 and reaching the point where I have to get rid of stuff. I don't want to leave my only son with a burden. Just getting rid of the house, furniture and condo will be a chore, if this economy continues. Just the sad truth, IMHO.

Selling my last Wizzie Saturday. It is a WF7, 10 hp and fairly desirable. But it has been advertised on AOMC, John's, Craigslist and this site off and on for the last 12 months. And, no, I am not getting my asking price, I got an offer from a local young friend and I'm taking it to keep from parting it out. Parted I think it would bring twice as much, but I would rather see someone get it going.

That will leave 7 motors. And how much time left????

JW in Dixie

JW IN DIXIE
One thing is for sure - demand and prices are down drastically from a few years ago. Part economy, but primarily, I think, is that people who were mostly interested in the fifties - sixties motors are growing old, reaching the age where they have died or getting rid of their collections - just downsizing to meet their circumstances.

I am down from 43 to 8 motors, from 7 to 1 boat. I am 83 and reaching the point where I have to get rid of stuff. I don't want to leave my only son with a burden. Just getting rid of the house, furniture and condo will be a chore, if this economy continues. Just the sad truth, IMHO.

Selling my last Wizzie Saturday. It is a WF7, 10 hp and fairly desirable. But it has been advertised on AOMC, John's, Craigslist and this site off and on for the last 12 months. And, no, I am not getting my asking price, I got an offer from a local young friend and I'm taking it to keep from parting it out. Parted I think it would bring twice as much, but I would rather see someone get it going.

That will leave 7 motors. And how much time left????

JW in Dixie
how much are you selling your WF7 for? Just curious. I'm rebuilding a WF4 and am really liking this rebuilding of old outboards. (I'm young) haha. Might be looking at rebuilding a bigger size but olddie soon. So I'm curious what they go for