Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wizard WF-7

Proud owner or another Wizard!!!I just purchased a WF-7 Serial # 412412 I believe it's a 1950 year model. It is missing the bottom cowling cover (does anyone have a spare or know where I can purchase one)? Motor has very good compression and is getting good spark/fire and started after giving it a shot of staring fluid. But gas was left in tank so I'm going out to the shop, to start the dis-assembly and cleaning process. Again, If anyone has any idea where to get the needed parts, please let me know! I can be contacted at ingramm61@yahoo.com of feel free to call me @ (931) 625-5198 Thanks in advance!!!!

Re: Wizard WF-7

I picked up a tower/gearcase from WF7 last Spring
at a meet, I noticed the prop shaft thread was
1/2"x 13 threads per inch. Kiekhaefer's seem to favor fine thread for crankshaft and prop shaft. Would you
check your prop shaft thread and relate what you
find there. Thanks
Louis

It's sort of expensive, but Ebay has a lower cowling that would probably work for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Wizard-Boat-Motor-Housing-Tanks-Chrome-Emblem-Side-Embems-Cover-/160663607267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25684c17e3

That lower cowl will not fit a WF7, only one from another WF7 or WG7 will fit.

Sorry, I was under the impression all of the super 10s used the same cowlings. I got this impression from this picture in the photos section of the website.

The caption reads "Ronald (Lietha)'s, Four completely restored Wizard Super 10's, 55-56, WM-7 & WM-7A's.

I can't find a clear picture of a WF7 on the internet

Hey Bryan, I should have clarified, the WF7 & WG7 are tank mounted on top motors similiar, but not the same to their Mercury cousins, with the split removable bottom cowl.

Louis,
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I checked mine today and it's 1/2 X 13

Thanks. Now I wonder if that is unique to Wizard or if Mercury shares same thread on some version(s) of the KE-KG series.
Louis