Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i have a wizard 5 hp

Hey i have a 5 hp wizard that has no fuel pump and manual start , i bought it for $100.00 and used it cleaned carb ,put fuel filter on it and runs good, how can i tell what year it is? i don't see no serial number on it. does anybody know?

Re: i have a wizard 5 hp

If you have a 5 HP, my guess is that you have a WH6 model, and if so, they were produced between 1955-57. They are the de-tuned equivalent to the Mercury Mark 6.

Assume it has a fuel tank on top, eh? Look on the starboard side of the clamp bracket - there should be a plate with the id on it. A picture would help us id the motor. JW in Dixie

yep my wizard has a top gas , tank on it and a fuel line hook up to it, i'll take a picture for you ok. what is the gap for the spark plug? let me know

i found the plate on starboard side here is the model number ESK6600A37 made by western auto supply co. kansas city missouri.

how do i put picture on here? i don't see a attachment thing on here to click let me know

what year is my motor? the gap? the oil mixture?

how do i put picture on here? Not sure but on most of these kinds of chat sites you have to use Photobucket or some other picture storing site. You sign up free, post your pictures on PB, then copy the link to the picture and paste it on this message site. JW in Dixie

hey jw i sent pictures to you're email let me know ok thanks let me know what gap the spark plug is? oil mixture? what year is it? i appreciate it

Here's the picture. Not a Merc-made so I don't know much about it. I think made by Scott, after Merc lost or dropped the contract. I had a 12 hp like this and it was a dandy motor. Hope someone can help here.
JW in Dixie

It is an Eska made Wizard ... the same motor as the early 1970s "Ted Williams" motors sold at Sears (later renamed "Gamefisher"). It has an air-cooled Tecumseh powerhead, but it does have an impeller in the leg for keeping the exhaust cool to protect the crank bearing, etc. I'd recommend running at 24:1, and, Eska said you can still use TCW-3 oil, which is typically meant for water-cooled motors.

Spark plug gap is .030.

JP