Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wizard Motor - Free

There is an old Wizard outboard motor at my parents house in Mobile, Alabama. When I visit them this Thanksgiving, they want me to "haul off" the old outboard. I will get it out of their way, for sure. The motor has been sitting in the storage room for 30+ years. It's a shame to chunk it in the dumpster, but if anyone wants it, it's yours, just let me know. I will return home to North Atlanta after Thanksgiving, with the motor, and will hold it for awhile, then trash it. If interested, please respond....I will know HP and serials in a few days.

Re: Wizard Motor - Free

It would be helpful to indicate which Wizard by
id plate data (model and serial number) or a picture.
and number of cylinders...condition matters to some
and not at all to others. I gather you would prefer
local pickup. A small single is easily shipped, larger
outboards have size and weight issues.
Someone down your way is going to be very pleased.
Louis

Louis - I think it's a 14 HP Wizard circa 1968. Currently, I'm 400 miles away from the outboard so I can't supply specifics. This Friday I will have my hands on it and can be more exact. My mission is to remove it from being in "the way" at my parents house (they are in their 80's). I know there are folks out there that would love to have it. The motor has no value to me, but if others want it, and can arrange pick-up, I'll gladly go out of my way a little to hand it over to someone who can make use of it. Last time I used the outboard was in the mid 70's. The carburator was an issue back then but once tweaked, it ran like a champ.

Kiekhaefer and Western Auto parted company about
1957 so your 14 hp is from a later supplier...Eska,
Chrysler or maybe Scott(MacCulloch)
Louis

Jim, I'm in Huntsville - where are you? JW in Dixie