Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old wizard Super 5 wh6

I have come across a wizard Super 5 WH6 and am currently trying to rebuild it. All I need still is an impeller and possibly a water pump for a spare. I know nothing of these motors and hardly nothing about outboards. Is there a website that I can order parts for this thing. Mine is manufactured by Western Auto. Thank you for any help in Advance.

Re: Old wizard Super 5 wh6

Yep, parts are available. Yours was actually made by Mercury, but sold at Western Auto. It is based on the Mercury Mark 6 and uses the same impeller. Here is one place you can buy it:

http://store.eastcoastmarineservice.com/product_p/47-22748.htm

Also, if you haven't changed an impeller on that model before, get ready for fun. You might want to invest in a old Mercury repair manual covering the 1955 time period, as that is one of the more challenging designs to work on (in my opinion).

JP

JP

I have already tore everything apart and was pretty successful in doing so. It took a little thinking on how to figure out how to remove the lower unit. All in all it's a neat little motor. Thank you for your very usefull information!

Henry-

When putting it back together, tilt the motor so it is almost upside down. It will help you line up the drive shaft with the crankcase. You'll do a bit of hunting and pecking until it finally *thuds* down into place ... unless you are a lucky man. The other challenge will be to keep the water pump housing together while you are maneuvering everything back into place. I actually used a little fishing line to help hold the pump together during the process.

Make sure you put a lot of tension on the neutral clutch cable when reattaching. If it doesn't want to go into neutral, you'll need to pull the wire a bit tighter. The good thing is that you don't have to worry about tightening the cable until everything down below is reassembled.

JP