Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wh6 super 5

Well I took off the lower unit from my wh6 super 5 and it seems there is a spring in there and it is not in good shape it is wrapped too tight in the center and it is not allowing me to put the lower unit back together. any suggestions or anyone have parts available?

Re: wh6 super 5

Jeff,

I didn't see this post, and responded to your impeller question below. The spring you are referring to is what engages the neutral clutch and should be coiled really tightly. Those are really hard to mess up...are you sure that it what is holding you up? Did you install it with that little tooth sticking out at the end of the spring facing toward the top of the motor? Is the impeller housing holding together while you are trying to align everything.

It is very difficult to get the drive shaft and the crank shaft realigned. Could that just be your problem? Once aligned, it will "thud" into place and then you will be able to tighten everything down. If you have a picture, post one of the spring and we should be able to tell you whether or not it is shot. I'm sure it won't be too hard to find one if that is indeed your problem. But again, that is a hard spring to mess up.

JP

I did get it all back together and yes I did put it back in the way it came out the impellar looked to be in good shape it spins freely and it is in tact. I did notice though where it seems that the water is pumped into the motor something should be over the hole a screen or something maybe because there is a threaded bolt hole but nothing there. I remixed my gas and I am hoping to get it to the lake and test it. Thank you for all of your help without the info from you I may just be at a loss.

OK....a couple things. When the impeller is in the water pump housing, it should not spin freely. The little fins should be bent inside the housing and the impeller will turn when pressure is applied to rotate the driveshaft. If this is what you meant...than you are good!

I can't figure out what might be missing on your lower unit. The water intake is cast into the gear housing, if I remember correctly (I parted most of my WH6 out); there is no separate screen on that model that I can remember. You can email me a picture of what you think is missing, and I can help you figure it out. I have some diagrams to help you out, too, for future work (has part numbers).

JP

Actually the impellar was spinning with my finger so apparentlty I must need a new one eh? Do you by chance have any idea how much it should run me for that part? I can get some pictures to you in a day or so, I am not at home so it will be at least a day. Again I would like to thank you for all of your assistance

The impeller part number is 47-22748 and is available at:

http://www.ishopmarine.com/ {enter part number in search box}

There are both factory and aftermarket brands available.

When the impeller is sitting in the housing it shouldn't spin in there with just a gentle touch, so my guess is that the fins are worn down. You should have to bend them to fit them in the housing. A little dish soap on the impeller will act as lubricant when inserting the new one.

It's my pleasure to help you out. Looking forward to when you get it running well.

JP