Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1956 wizard super25 25hp outboard motor value

I was hoping someone could help me with an approximate value of a 1956 wizard super 25 25hp outboard motor. I purchased it from the original owner about 10 yrs ago to have it restored for a 58 duracraft. Before we could find someone to restore it my hubby fell in love with Etec. I'm not sure if it runs. The little old man we purchased it from was the original owner and he kept it in his garage under blankets. he said from time to time he poured oil thru the cylinders to keep them lubricated. the only problem he knew of was that he cross threaded a spark plug, but he said that could be easily fixed. Its not frozen. I really appreciate any info. I am also trying to find out the approximate weight of it because i have it listed on ebay and several people have asked for a shipping quote. thanks again for helping!

Re: 1956 wizard super25 25hp outboard motor value

Darlene,

I saw that motor on ebay. Not knowing the running conditions, it is hard to predict what you might get. I would think around $200 would be a decent ballpark figure...could be more, could be less. Seems that a lot of folks tend to shy away from some of the auctions that start with a high initial bid. But, that said, that is the most powerful of the Wizards and is bound to catch someone's eye.

As far as freight shipping, that is going to have to be shipped on a pallet, and my guess the motor itself is at least 120 to 140 lbs. Your best bet is to call a freight service and explain the situation to get an estimate. I wouldn't be surprised if shipping alone is close to $200, depending on distance. You may also consider requiring the buyer to make his/her own shipping arrangements. Lots of freight services will do pick-up at your home.

These are tough questions to give definite answers on. Ultimately, it is going to come down to the individual. Hope this helps a little bit.

JP

thanks!

Darlene: Motor should be worth more than $200 BUT the shipping chgs is what will kill it for anyone that does not live close enough to pick it up, so that limits your buying audience. Now if there is someone close by that is interested, it will do well. Good luck.

thanks ronald! 60 people are watching it on ebay!! hopefully one of them is close to new orleans!

I am being told by someone thats interested that the motor can be taken apart into 2 pieces very easily. Making it lighter to ship. Is it cool to do that? Thanks again!

Not lighter but easier to pack in two boxes but chgs will remain approximatley the same. Also, is a shift motor so that might make splitting the powerhead from the lower unit more complicated. Dunno, as I collect only the two cyl Wizzies so never took a WA25 apart. Anyone wants it bad enough they will look for the most economical way to ship, there are ways cheaper than truck freight, fellow members can help transport etc.