Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wizard Super 10

Thanks JB I've used Peter's paint before, It is very good paint, but ,took so long to get it I was out of the mood to paint. May try local NAPA see if they can match it. Dave.

Joe, Thanks for year info. I wasn't aware the reed block was different,what you say makes sense. Dave

Your Wizard WM7A, 918214 is a 1957 Model & was the last in the series of Mercury built Wizards.. The serial # range is 917751-922750 for a total of 4999 motors built. Yes, he is right, just enlarging the front end will not do much good without opening up everthing from there back, leave it alone unless you do everything. The lower unit is similar to a KG7 but should not have a splined prop shaft & clutch disc's as a KG7, if it does it IS a KG7 lower unit, at least the foot. The Wizard had a smooth prop shaft with a shear pin as original.

Thanks Ronald, I think I'll just rebuild carb and mag and repaint. I don't want to mess up a good motor. Lower unit has smooth shaft and pin. Dave

If you're gonna try to match the paint, look for a protected spot where the original paint has not faded. Under the tank rim is a good place to look.
JW in Dixie