Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1955 Wizard Super 10

Tom: The 1955 Wizard Super 10 does not have a powerhead similiar to the MK20 or KG7 Mercury but rather is related to the MK25 poweread with the "Big Crank". If your 55 has a single fuel line from the remote tank, it is the fuel pump model aka the MK25 if it has a "Double Line" then it is related to the MK 20 powerhead. All the 55's I have owned have had the "Single Line", fuel pump model. The Model plate on your motor if it is a 55 model, should read Model WM7 & the 56 into 57 Models will read WM7-A & that is the last contract Mercury filled on the production of the Western Auto Wizard. Incidently, the 1954 Wizard Super 10's will have the double fuel line & MK 20 related powerheads with the small crank & the Model Plate will read as the model WJ7. Hope that helps, I have 8 Model WM7 & WM7-A's, great motors & I have modified a WM7-A & run it on a Mercury A-B quicky with gears on my race boat, very fast & a super easy starting engine. The picture on the top of this sites picture page is my 1953 Sid Craft runabout with my racing Wizard although I now run that motor on a 1950 Van Pelt, (Out of Spring Lake Michigan), A-B Class, double Cockpit runabout. No repair manuals available that I know of that are specifice to the Wizard BUT all the Mercury repair manuals apply as they are nearly identicle. The Mercury dealers did all the repair work on the Wizards in the 50's as Western Auto only had a distribution center & the motors were sold by the Western Auto hardware retail outlets but they did not have any repair facilities. Some Western Auto stores did have, or they themselves did some repair work but most was done by Mercury dealers, (grudgingly, I am sure!!)