Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WD4 Needle Valve

I have just become the proud new owner of a 1946 wd4. Everything is in excellent working order. It took a little bit of cleaning on my part, but the motor cranks just fine and runs well. I was rebuilding my carb and i broke my needle valve into two pieces. It split in one of the grooves for the keepers that keep the float in position. Does anyone know where i can get a new needle valve? Will i have to get one machined? Would i have a shot at buying the used part, and if so, where should i look?

Re: WD4 Needle Valve

Aaron-

I don't think you'll be able to get a new valve...you'll have to track down a used. The WD4 is based on the Mercury KD-4, and I would recommend posting a wanted ad on the AOMCI webvertise page. You can also try Doug Penn (Douglas.Penn@gmail.com), who sells used parts for vintage outboards (google him for his website). He's a great guy and has good prices.

Good luck!
JP

Hello Aaron,

My brother has a very limited supply of NOS needle valves for the early "K" model Mercury Outboard engines. I called him earlier and he sent me pictures which are posted below. He quoted me a price of $15.00 including S&H. If your interested, please e-mail me at jbaxter@wizardoutboardforum.com

Sincerely,
Jason Baxter

Here are the pictures.

Sincerely,
Jason Baxter

Sorry Jason, not the right part.
I did get in touch with Doug Penn. He described the part that i need with only the model number. He won't part out a carb, but he will sell the the whole thing at what a consider a very reasonable price. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions.

Re: Re: WD4 Needle Valve

Glad to hear that Doug can help you out! His prices are very good, and he is a super nice guy. He delivers quickly, too!

JP