Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ID motor

I picked up a 7.5 hp. guy said is a wizard, tag says western auto, model esk 6617-a57, anyone have any info on it? is it a wizard? the guy painted over any decals, except 7.5 sticker.

Re: ID motor

You've got yourself an 1975 Eska-built Wizard, which is the same as the Ted Williams (Gamefishers) sold at Sears during that period. It is an air-cooled, 1 cylinder model with a Tecumseh powerhead. There is an impeller in the lower leg to keep the leg cool. The Eska equivalent model number is 640-07A. You can get parts through Certified Parts Corp, and some basic aftermarket parts at Sears. Sears Parts online also has parts diagrams that you can download (use the Eska model number to track them down). Certified Parts Corp. should have carburetor re-build kits. I wouldn't sink too much money into one like this, but if you can get it running for cheap, it would make a good little fishing motor.

thanks, what oil mix do I use? yes it runs.

The oil mix is an odd one....it is 32:1. If you use a good grade TCW3 oil, you can probably get away with 40:1. Spark plug gap is .030.

thanks

I have a Wizard boat motor. Do not know anything about it. Model #COC6509A66 Serial #1206. If you have any information on it or any idea were to get parts and manuals for it please let me know. Thank you

I also have a Wizard C0C6509A66. It is a 9 hp. Looking for some parts now under Chrysler 8hp motors.
Points are the same as a Chrysler 9.9 that I have, but the cam is the same as the 8 hp.