Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WA 25/ 13' Feather Craft Deluxe cottage racer

Anyone out there have experience installing a steering bar to the back of a WA 25? I the process of building up this combo to emulate an early 50's cottage racer and could use some advice as things arise.

Re: WA 25/ 13' Feather Craft Deluxe cottage racer

Hi Jim,

The steering bar attaches to the bottom of the base pan at the back. There are two hole in which its gets bolted to. I'll see if I can gets some photo's, but it probably won't be until sometime tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Jason Baxter

Thanks, no hurry. This is going to take a while. I am picking the boat up next week and the motor should be finished with the rebuild and repaint in several months. Nothing goes fast in these parts. (Mount Dora)Another question: Will I have to remove the tiller handle to use a remote control box. I have a Mark 30 and a Mark 55E on two other boats with remote boxes but have never had to set up a tillered motor. Thanks for the help. Jim

Hey Jim- What is this Feather Craft you're going after? Is it a Deluxe Runabout (12'6")? I have a Wizard I'm putting together that's a Mk20 Powerhead on a KG-7 tower WM-7. This motor has a exaust block and a pipe. I'm rigging my Deluxe runabout with steering from the rear cockpit. Mine's a 1952. What kind of HP does your WA25 put out?
FL

I found a 12'6" 1951 Deluxe with a Mark 30 (30 hp). I have just gotten back my WA25 after a fresh rebuild/paint that I would like to mount on the Feather Craft. If and when I get the Mark 30 propped right it probably will be dangerous. The only difference between the motors is the 30 has the 8 reed block and a slightly larger carb.