Romance Reviews Today

Romances Reviews Today message boards are for the use of our readers to discuss books, reviews or the weather.

Romance Reviews Today
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vampire romance

Just recently jumped into on the dark romance band for variety. Based on reviews, I tried Kresley Cole and Christine Feehan. Read "No Rest for the Wicked" and reading "No hunger like Other "by Cole. I also read Feehan's Carpathian novels, "Dark Gold", "Dark Symphony"(worst) and "Dark Destiny" - chosen based on readers' rating in Amazon, and because she has more titles .

Between the two, I love Kresley Dole style and and fiction much more.

I dread Christine's work. I find Christine a bit too formulaic - the heroes are always in danger of 'turning' and too accepting, whilst the heroins are too irritatingly resistant. The sex scenes are too much "blood sucking" to turn me on!!

Kresley on the other hand gives me more human like romance, less gross and developes her characters lovingly.

Anyhow, after experiencing this genre in the last 5 books, I'd go back to the simple England Regency and Scotland highlanders' romances anytime.

BTW, I don't prefer the cowboy, gold-digging California explorers, and common pirates stories.... so you know where you stand with my comments.