Return to Website

Welcome to my forum. Here you can add comments to any page (Benvindo ao meu painel de mensagens - Comente o que quiser)

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welcome back, Lorena.

I've been coming to the board and what a surprise I
had tonight, all those new pictures of Roy and new
video's! Thank you. I've been wondering where you
were & I am glad you're working on your book again.
I am so anxious to read it! I've seen you posting on some of the other boards so I knew you were ok, just not bringing your board up-to-date - am glad
to see you working on it again. Thanks for the new
videos and pictures of Roy, will watch the video's
in the morning.

Re: Welcome back, Lorena.

Signme, how are you, dear? I hope you have watched the clips already. The one I consider the best is Variations. I was so glad to read your message!

I love the photo updates, too, LorenaBR! Thanks so much for posting them. I'm going to be looking at "Variations" (if I can) soon; I did get one clip downloaded, but had to interrupt viewing it for a bit while I tinker with settings. BBL.

Lovely to see you back Lorena. Your work is wonderful, amiga.

I just came to read your latest blog entry early this morning (very late tonight so to speak), LorenaBR, and quelle surprise! Your newest clip of "La Vie en Rose" made me so happy! Lovely, lovely Roy Dupuis surrounded by the water, sailing vessels, how creative you are! Thank you so much for this special gift. You lifted my spirits, showing me how to see through more "rose-colored" lenses indeed!

(After you first put Edith Piaf's original version on your site, I bought a CD of her major songs from Amazon.com; for me she is so bitter-sweet; esp. because of "Milord," which my roommate and I used to sing while walking along the streets of our college town in the late 60s; brings back so much of those days. I also picked up (literally) another CD of her music that someone had left behind for the taking at my Auberge in Montréal in June--isn't that a funny coincidence. So now I have you to thank for two CDs of Edith Piaf and this new clip! I don't find this version of "La Vie en Rose" as bitter-sweet as Piaf's; but, oddly, some of the photos of RD as Michael are! Sometimes I can barely watch the eps of LFN that he suffers silently in, because it brings such feelings back. So the more upbeat version of your clip is indeed "rosier" to my ear as well as eye.

Thank you again!

Following up last post:

I just noticed today that you posted a new section called "Michael Music" on your blog and that you even dedicated the Edith Piaf songs to me! How wonderful of you; I'm bowled over by your generosity of spirit. The songs are those on the CDs I mention in the above post; I saved some as favorites on my Real Player when I got the CDs but have since deleted the files to save room on my hard drive. It is so nice of you to do this. I'll be listening to your clips of various other music, esp. the Brazilian music, as well. Thank you again, LorenaBR!

BTW: You might be interested in the "Creative Commons licenses" and "Creative Commons Commons Deed" regarding which I just posted information in the Schtoppel's Hot Tub (Inside Section One) thread called "An Open Letter about Intellectual Honesty." I added some links to this information, which will probably interest you in relation to developing music and artistic content on your blog. [Creative Commons is the work of lawyer Lawrence Lessig, who specializes in reforming copyright law and creative ways of working within copyright law as it currently is, particularly as pertains to internet content.]