Return to Website

Welcome to my forum. Here you can add comments to any page (Benvindo ao meu painel de mensagens - Comente o que quiser)

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you, Lorena!

Lorena, thank you for your kind words in your
blog - I am glad that I can "stimulate" you in your
writing, and that you think my comments are important to you.

Re: Thank you, Lorena!

signme - I hope you don't mind me stepping into your thread, but I wanted to thank Lorena again for her strength of character and honesty. Lorena - I know you are prepared to stand up for what you believe is right. I admire and respect you for that. Don't ever change, amiga, or I will lose faith in humanity. As long as there are people in the world like you, the world is safe.

Signme, I really enjoy receiving yr messages and comments, so I am the one to thank.

Spy, yes I have always stood for what I think, and be sure I am not going to change, maybe control my temperament a little, because sometimes I get too inflamed. You should have seen me today in court. I am returning from an audience, and relaxing a bit here. If you were here, or if I were there, next to you, I´d say, come let´s have one: a beer or a caipirinha, whatever.

Just popping back in again to say thank you Lorena for writing and posting that wonderful poem of yours. I read it, and your blog today and I agree with you that the words can apply to at least FOUR people I know right now (including myself). Thank you for your insight and the power and beauty of your words.

Please post more of your poems.

By and by I will be posting poems and music, Spy. It is funny with the poems, they occur to me quite suddenly. Words begin to form in my mind about a certain situation, and then a short poem is born.

Another curious thing is that for me it is easier to write poems in English than in Portuguese.

That's really interesting Lorena. Do you actually think the words in english, or do you think in Portuguese and then translate into english?
I love the sound of the words in Cesaria Evora's songs. I can 'feel' the meanings even if I can't really know them.

Spy, Cesaria Evora speaks a beautiful Portuguese dialect from Cabo Verde, and she sings in that dialect too. It is a creative language, they invent new words to express their emotions, which have a marvelous sound.

I feel it is easier for me to write poetry in English, because there is a musicality in certain words which appeals to me. On the other hand, to write prose in Portuguese I find more easy than in English. Portuguese is fantastic for prose, it lets you describe a lot sensations. It is subtle.

BTW, today I received an email from Bjorn Lynne, the musician I enjoy. He loved the poem too.

Good for you. Lorena - maybe your poem will inspire him to compose a new song.............