Salmon and Steelhead Fly Tying and Fishing Fishing

Salmonfly.Net Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: all of the flies that are printed out

Dale,

I wish I could write up individual instructions for every fly. If I had thought about it from the beginning, I may have done it that way, but now it would be an insurmountable amount of work to go back and do it. What I have tried to do was give instructions for flies that are especially complicated and hope that after learning basic fly tying technique, the other flies could be tied.

I have found that this is not true with everyone, though, and there really is a lot more to fly tying than be taught on a web page. Much has to be learned through instruction from a individual master or researching a variety of sources and getting lots of practice. I wish I could be more positive than that. I can only say that even if I did put the individual instructions, it probably would not help, uness you have lots of experience, and if you have lots of experience, you probably can figure out how to tie the flies with just the patterns. I have received e-mails or questions via the message board every now and then about certain aspects of tying specific flies and I am very happy to answer them.

I can only continue to do the pages the way I have publish instructions for more complicated flies. I wish I had more time, but this is not a full time endeavor for me. I started this site with the hope of sharing information about flies for steelhead and salmon, and it is not a page for making a profit.

I am more than willing to help, though, with the tying of any flies you have difficulty with. Please keep in touch and write with any specific questions about specific flies that you have.

Steve

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

These are all of the flies that printed, including the ones i already mentioned. Comet, Krystal Everglow, Frammus, Granny, Green Butt Skunk, Jaay's Green Rafia Stone. What i want to know is, for each fly that i want to tie, why isn't there instruction's for each of the flie's that i printed? I would go to INSTRUCTION'S, and it would put me THE BASIC'S OF FLY TYING. I'm pretty sure that i can figure them out, but i would like to learn how to tie these flie's the wright way, and not make them look different from what there supossed to be. I can't remember the name of the flie that it would show, but it's the same fly today!

I hope that is more specfic for you.

thanks for the help

P.S need to add to my fly box before i go fishing for a week, would like a vareity of flies.

dale bailey