Return to Website

Grief At Home

No one wants to be At HOME with Grief. We want to move on to the life after the grief! When your initial grief is past, and you are left with just the memories and a life that has been forever changed by the loss, finding purpose again in your life, and making the memories stay alive is giving honor to the life you knew.

Grief At Home
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: i need help

I am posting here the message from the Bridge Angel. Please note that this type of feeling from your friend is to be expected. He can not move on to a new life, until he can let go of the old. He will never GET OVER these feelings, he must work through the grief and pain. Sometimes not talking is better, listening may be the key.

To cross the bridge of pain, to the new purpose of the journey of your life is a step in the process of renewal.

Casting the Lily to the water is the letting go of the physical.

Embracing the love of the spirit that are the memories of those you have loved and lost is the crossing of a bridge, from the life that you knew, to the life that is waiting for you, forever changed, but forever new.

Let me know if I can help you more

Randi

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

my boyfriend's wife passed away may18, 1999. i am totally in love with him, and i know that he loves me; just not totally. he doesn't want to talk about her to me. it was a very tearful nigh for both of us last night. i want for him to be able to talk to me about tammy, but he says he can't talk about it right now because he can't deal with it. how can i help him to get over her death, and get on with our life. i'm not a cold person, in fact sometimes i am too empathetic, i just want to see happiness in his eyes again. his eyes were extremely happy, until he told me he loved me, now i think he is feeling both scared and i think he feels that he is betraying her. help me please, he is the best thing to ever happen to me, and i don't want to lose him to his memories, and guilt.