Return to Website

Grief At Home

No one wants to be At HOME with Grief. We want to move on to the life after the grief! When your initial grief is past, and you are left with just the memories and a life that has been forever changed by the loss, finding purpose again in your life, and making the memories stay alive is giving honor to the life you knew.

Grief At Home
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Lost my mom

To cry everyday for what you have lost does not mean that your abnormal. You are very NORMAL, everyone goes through grief and you are not alone. Knowing why you are crying is the hard part, are you crying because you miss the physical presence of your Mom, or because her health problem could be your problem? Are you crying because of the things that you will never share with her, the what could have been? Are you crying for what you can not change, what you have no control over?

Please join others that are Remembering Mom in Yahoo Egroups. You can find that on our Webring homepage - http://www.rrtstudios.com/Members/OhDaniGrl/Webring.htm

I would like you to think about seeing a doctor and being truthful with him about the crying, it can be a sign of other things happening in your body that is being intensified by your grief. I went through a similar situation and found I had Thyroid disease and once treated for that was helped.

I also want to post here the "HARTS STAGES OF GRIEF" which may help you think about where you are and where you may want to go:

HARTS 5 Stages of Grief

H - 1 - HURT - The Shock, numbness, denial

and intense feelings when you find life has

been forever changed. You can live in a fog

of confusion with moments of acute

awareness.

A - 2 - AWARE - Frustration, fear, anger

and loneliness seem to overwhelm your life.

You become aware that life has changed and

the future will not be as you had planned.

R - 3 - RESOLVE - A time when guilt, envy

of others that have not experienced your

change seems to be heightened. You resolve

some of the loss, and try to remove the

obstacles to dealing with your emotions. The

guilt of not feeling the initial intense feelings

can move you back and trap you.

T - 4 - TIME - Time becomes the friend and

the enemy. It is a time of reliving past hurts

and giving way to judgments. You perceive

each moment of not living through the

changes as a reprieve.

S - 5 - SHARE - Renewal of the Spirit begins

at this time when you begin to share and

support others. You let go of the control

over the choices that are not yours.

May your angel hold your heart in warm and loving hands

Randi

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

In September of 2000 my mom lost her fight with breast cancer. She was my mom, my best friend, and the best grandma to my kids I could have ever hoped for. I was the best DD I could be to her, but I still wonder if I could have done more, or if I should have done something different. I think of her last weeks so often, but when I think of her it is of her healty. I don't think I am coping very well, I still cry everyday. Would love to hear from anyone who has been in a similar situation.