Eleuthera Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vote on New Format

I can't access this website from my apple laptop, only from my PC desktop because it has Explorer. I say BOO to the new format.

very hard to use -the older version was so much better

I'm neutral - not good not bad as far as functionality. I have IE. No problems so far.

I like the look of the original version better.

Nope...don't like it at all.

dont like it

don't like it. format confusing
Previously at the bottom of the page were the buttons for "home" "reply" "Post", etc. Now I have to go all the way to the top of my screen and use the "back" arrow.

Don't like it at all. Can't get to it with Firefox and find it very difficult to reply to.

Old format was better.

Definitely, for me, the old format was better as an administrator. I tried setting up a poll, like we had before for various issues, but cannot find it.

I tried sending a feedback form, but it did not go through.

No one can see the administrator interface, but it very cumbersome and limited.

So, I will do my best to return to the old way, if I can ever get through, because "Feedback" from the administrator interface, does not work.

jb

I don't like it and the monkey definitely doesn't like it.

I can tell because I keep having to wipe his poo off the screen.

Also, since the new style of the site has happened it never seems to stop loading. In that my loading icon never stops turning.

Tridi
don't like it. format confusing
Previously at the bottom of the page were the buttons for "home" "reply" "Post", etc. Now I have to go all the way to the top of my screen and use the "back" arrow.

Click on "index" to go back to the main thread list page.

Duh! THANKS Captain Bill,(Kool Aid)- if it had been a snake, it would have bit me!

Tridi
Duh! THANKS Captain Bill,(Kool Aid)- if it had been a snake, it would have bit me!

Don't feel bad, the monkey figured it out first.

And then bit me!

Vote on New Format..

In as plain of language I can muster the new format sucks. I cannot access it on my Mac> When I am forced to a PC the format is confusing and extremly difficult to manuver thru. go back to what works.

Dennis
In as plain of language I can muster the new format sucks. I cannot access it on my Mac> When I am forced to a PC the format is confusing and extremly difficult to manuver thru. go back to what works.

Couldn't agree more...sucks. Doesn't work in firefox at all...too bad.

Don't like it !!!!!!!!

Dpon't like it at all! I believe in the old saw "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Dont like it! "If it aint broke dont fix it"

I like being able to click on the user and see all their latest posts. Once the bugs are worked out it should be much better.

I like the 'last post' column.
Also an hour to edit own posts will be great once it actually works.

wow! and an hour to delete your posts! Sweet!

and delete works!

Grover hates change

Have written two tickets to Bravenet, asking them to return to the old system until they fix the bugs, such as inability to access from Macs, and Mozilla, but, so far, no reply.

will keep you posted.....I can't change a darn thing,on this format, such as the lack of centering of the pictures at the top.

jb

"New tricks" are harder for "old dogs!" I can manage it, but it seems more difficult than the old way. I am an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" person also!

Mention to them also that it doesn't mark posts as already being read. THAT's annoying!

I can get this on my Macbook Pro, but tried downloading acrobat twice - and can't get it on my vista.
Let's go back to "the good old days"

If you have read this far and you want to use Firefox you should be looking at my post 'New format Firefox workaround' instead.

NOPE!

don't like it

It's just fine, just takes a little getting used to ... and anyways, since when did Eleu.net become a democracy? Last I checked, JB was a benevolent dictator and keeper of the website flame ;-).

Kimberly
Last I checked, JB was a benevolent dictator and keeper of the website flame ;-).

true...and JB doesn't like it either

shoot.. now the edit here works, bugs seem to be getting worked out... I'll miss this site... goodbye...