Eleuthera Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: electric

Jerri,
Sorry to differ with you but you have not done your homework on surge protectors or maybe you just have a cheap 'whole house" protector that you feel needs to be replaced.
If you spend a few dollars on a good quality Whole House surge protector like a Joslyn( top of the line -Aproxx cost $800.00 ) you never have a replacement issue nor any fried appliances.
I have been on the island for over 10 years and never have had to replace one appliance or TV due to brown outs or surges with BEC.

Re: Re: electric

thanks to both you guys for you great input about electric on eleuthera.

wilson

Re: Re: Re: electric

We also have a whole house surge protector for over 8 years, was $$$ but never have any problem however, we did lose a computer modem due to the surge coming throught the phone line, I never thought of that but know now.Don't they have phone line surge protectors.

You can buy a combination phone, computer and cable surge suppressor unit.

Re: Re: electric

what i really wanted to know does the x box require to mess with the Tv re wires...

Do I want someone to rent the house and start to put in the Xbox.... with all the electrical problems.. the receiver might go... so then they might get mad.. any ideas..

Re: Re: Re: electric

How has the electric problem been in the past 2-3 months and the summer it might be more????? ...Been many black outs????

Re: Re: Re: Re: electric

Just buy this:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/xbox/transworld_surf

And you can stay home where you don't have to worry about power issues.

I'd have to say that anyone who's that stressed out over an X-Box really shouldn't stray far from his parents' basement ... and *definitely* not to Eleuthera!