Eleuthera Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lighthouse Point, and whitelands beach

They need education.... not just work.... thats what is needed... electricians and plumbers they need to go to school.. and Hotel Management... Now there is this Lionfish problem....it will distroy the fishing industry.. The government might need people in that.. tournments

Re: Lighthouse Point, and whitelands beach

I wish he would have been around when all the Mangroves were distroyed in Bimini home of the breeding grounds of the lemon shark... Here we go again.. The developer Promised that HE was going to watch all that and RIPPED all out.I believe its in the courts but its TOOOOOO late..

Does Perez also own the whiteland beach is that more Property???? and hes blocking the beach ... See he does what he wants also has.. YOU ARE PLAYING WITH POWER HERE..

Re: Re: Lighthouse Point, and whitelands beach

Right, you are NOT going to change things; money talks, and government listens.

BUT, government also listens to squeaky wheels, like citizen groups, and environmentalists, as long as they are organized. They will NOT listen to individuals voicing their opinions, not matter how strong.

The best outcome, as I have said before, is for watchdog groups to have the developers PUT IN WRITING how they will build responsibly, with an eye to preserving the environment, and preserving access to the beaches. THIS HAS TO BE DONE BEFORE THE SHOVEL HITS THE EARTH.

As in Bimini, all sorts of promises were made, which the developer did not keep, as far as I understand.

So, you have to have committees WATCHdog the project, and scream if there are any violations.

good luck lloyd

wilson

Re: Re: Re: Lighthouse Point, and whitelands beach

So each island is on its own... There has to be other ways to provide work for the youth besides the developments.. What happened to the Chicken Farms.... the government wont sponser that??? Farming is OUT ?? I hear they dont want to work the farms.... Pineapples are out??? So you bring in all this development and the island changes the kids chance they want the ipod.... I guess you are right

Re: Lighthouse Point, and whitelands beach

If you really want to save Lighthouse Beach, you really might want to try and get someone like Lenny Kravitz to attach his name to the movement. It is done all the time in the states, and when a star speaks, so many people listen. It's even more powerful than money.