Eleuthera Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Miss Eleuthera Pageant seeking Platinum Sponsors

The 2009 Miss Universe pageant is coming to The Bahamas and it would be an honor to have an Eleuthera candidate vying for that crown, but we need your help. The Miss Eleuthera pageant committee is in need of Plantinum sponsors to provide financial assistance to train the young women, provide educational materials and professional services for them and most of all to award the finalists with scholarships for tertiary education. We also plan to host a visit to Eleuthera for the 2009 Miss Universe contestants.

If you are interested, send us an email and we will provide all the information to you.

Miss Eleuthera Pageant Committee

Re: Miss Eleuthera Pageant seeking Platinum Sponsors

The last time this pageant was held, the comments posted about it for weeks -- for months, actually -- were vicious, foul, obscene and inflammatory. Have never seen such a level of anger and hate. It drove people away from the board in disgust, and likely frightened away the tourists.

Hope it doesn't happen again.

Meantime, please explain why we should provide financial support for a young girl's tertiary education based on how she looks in a bathing suit. If you create a competition based on academic achievement, open to boys and girls alike, I'd be more than happy to make a substantial contribution.

But from what we saw the last time around, I wouldn't drop a single red cent on this mess.

Re: Re: Miss Eleuthera Pageant seeking Platinum Sponsors

It's the Miss UNIVERSE Pageant. Not the local contest, I don't think the Bahamas has ever hosted this pageant before.

doesn't she have to win first Miss Eleuthera, then Miss Bahamas to get to Miss Universe contest?

You're right, Nan. I don't think El read the original posting closely enough.