Return to Website

The (Original) Wireless Set No. 19 Group
Discussion Forum

Please use this area ONLY to discuss or ask questions from others about vintage military communications gear,  NOT to post for sales, wants or other classified ads. Any such posts will be deleted.  QM Stores is available for classified ads.

The Wireless Set No. 19 Group Chat Area
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AR-77 wiring/ capacitor question.

Hello, and thank you in advance for any assistance.
I recently received an AR-77 that looks like it never had any work done to it with the exception of a missing can capacitor ( C77 & C78 ) a duel 5uf/ 5uf 350v.
First I guess I should explain what I already completed.
1) new power cord and installed a 2amp fuse
2) new 20uf/20uf 450v
3) removed and tested all tubes ( look like originals) all tested good.
4) blew out dust and did a thorough visual ispection that didn’t revele any significant findings other than the missing can capacitor.

Ok so back to the missing can cap, I have one that will fit in place that’s rated 10uf/10uf 450v that I’m going to use as these look to be decoupling caps for AVC Audio Amp tube and Output tube I’m hoping the extra capacitance won’t affect anything.

So my question is does anyone have a picture of that multi cap can in the radio that may be able to share it? I’m newish to working on this type of equipment and would like to compair how I believe it should be wired per the schematic. I have doubts as I’ve seen so many older schematics that are wrong or different versions.

I would appreciate if anyone can snap a pic of that cap for me.

73, KB2LMN