Return to Website

The (Original) Wireless Set No. 19 Group
Discussion Forum

Please use this area ONLY to discuss or ask questions from others about vintage military communications gear,  NOT to post for sales, wants or other classified ads. Any such posts will be deleted.  QM Stores is available for classified ads.

The Wireless Set No. 19 Group Chat Area
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
handcart. for No 19

I have two No 19 sets. One a MkII Canadian is serviceable in fact I use it almost everyday. I have been asked about taking it out and demoing it by friends in the Mil collector hobby. I haven't made a decision on that yet but one of the things I thought about was handling it. I have heard there was a handcart made and used with some of these sets but have been unable to find a picture. I realize the chance of finding a real live handcart is probably nil or so costly as to be undo-able but I do have the ability to build one should I know how it should look. So is it true such carts existed and if so any pictures available? I am really enjoying my set BTW and so far on AM I have reached out 512 miles ATCF. I run it on one of two homebrew PSUs (one AC and one Vibrator supply) and made a HB tuner to better match it to the resonant ham shack antenna. Not because I didn't want the original equipment but because I simply didn't have it or access to it.
don

Do you own a serviceable 19 Set? Yes