Return to Website

The (Original) Wireless Set No. 19 Group
Discussion Forum

Please use this area ONLY to discuss or ask questions from others about vintage military communications gear,  NOT to post for sales, wants or other classified ads. Any such posts will be deleted.  QM Stores is available for classified ads.

The Wireless Set No. 19 Group Chat Area
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wiring

I just purchased a 19 and am trying to figure out how to hook up wiring to power it up. Is there any wiring diagram for power supply

Do you own a serviceable 19 Set? yes

Re: wiring

There are manuals for the original dynamotor supplies on this website.... so I guess the question here is to ask what you have and what you want to do with it. Do you have just the transceiver unit with no dynamotor and no antenna tuner, that you want to run off line voltage (mains)? Or do you want to know how to connect the dynamotor to the radio?

Do you own a serviceable 19 Set? sort of

thank you for your reply I have a model 19 mark II that has a matching power supply and I don't know how to hook power to the power supply or if I should go directly to the receiver transmitter I just want to run the radio part not the transceiver. I dont have the connectors and its a six pin unit so really I'm looking to see how to hook 12 volts to the power supply and then from the power supply provide 12volts I believe to the radio I'm not sure but I can't find anything to show me what the power in pins are and also how to hook a speaker to hear the sound

I didn't have even a power supply. I found everything info wise I needed here in the technical section. First is ground (upper 6 pin connector)which is pin 1 (dimple and first pin to the left)and it is so that is half out of your way. Next is heaters counting left from the dimple and down or under 3 is 12 volts for the heaters .pin 4 is 500 volts for PA 807's hi voltage and only needed on transmit.
Pin 6 counting the same way (counter clockwise from the dimple)is the 275 pin for the receiver hi voltage and lower hi voltage transmitter tubes. No you have power and switching your meter switch should show the approriate power in LT 12v, HT1 275 volts HT2 807 hi voltage. So now you can power your radio. But you cant hear it so below on the 12 pin connector pin 4 (CC from dimple) is the A set (HF) speaker wire. The other is ground. Now you can hear it. if you want to transmit you need a moving coil mic and one side to ground and one to pin one (ist pin CC from dimple)You also need a switch from ground to pin 7 (Cc from dimple) That is the PTT line for the A set. You are now in business. Since I have no No 19 power supply I dont know if this is true for the no 19 but as a teenager I had a No 11 set and its dynam but no cables or schematic. My Dad a Wireless Instructor during the war at No 1 Wireless School teaching radio maintenance and repair told me chances are real good that the connectors will be a mirror image of themselves. I asked him why and he said that is just the way they (the Brits)do things and it is very unlikely they would do it any different ever. He told me to prove the heaters first and then fire the dnaM and test which you can also do. He was by the way right for the no 11 BUT check don't assume my assumption is correct because I really don't know having never had a PSU for a No 19.

I said CC I meant CLOCKWISE. Too many birthdays. From the dimple left and under. I tried to edit but couldnt get back there.

VE3LYX
I didn't have even a power supply. I found everything info wise I needed here in the technical section. First is ground (upper 6 pin connector)which is pin 1 (dimple and first pin to the left)and it is so that is half out of your way. Next is heaters counting left from the dimple and down or under 3 is 12 volts for the heaters .pin 4 is 500 volts for PA 807's hi voltage and only needed on transmit.

Pin 6 counting the same way (clockwise from the dimple)is the 275 pin for the receiver hi voltage and lower hi voltage transmitter tubes. No you have power and switching your meter switch should show the appropriate power in LT 12v, HT1 275 volts HT2 807 hi voltage. So now you can power your radio. But you cant hear it so below on the 12 pin connector pin 4 (CW from dimple) is the A set (HF) speaker wire. The other is ground. Now you can hear it. if you want to transmit you need a moving coil mic and one side to ground and one to pin one (first pin CW from dimple)You also need a switch from ground to pin 7 (Cw from dimple) That is the PTT line for the A set. You are now in business. Since I have no No 19 power supply I dont know if this is true for the no 19 but as a teenager I had a No 11 set and its dynam but no cables or schematic. My Dad a Wireless Instructor during the war at No 1 Wireless School teaching radio maintenance and repair told me chances are real good that the connectors will be a mirror image of themselves. I asked him why and he said that is just the way they (the Brits)do things and it is very unlikely they would do it any different ever. He told me to prove the heaters first and then fire the dynaM and test which you can also do. He was by the way right for the no 11 BUT check don't assume my assumption is correct because I really don't know having never had a PSU for a No 19.

I wrote CC before when I meant CW or clockwise. The previous one could be deleted. Too many birthdys and i was talking and typping at the same time

My apologies