Return to Website

The (Original) Wireless Set No. 19 Group
Discussion Forum

Please use this area ONLY to discuss or ask questions from others about vintage military communications gear,  NOT to post for sales, wants or other classified ads. Any such posts will be deleted.  QM Stores is available for classified ads.

The Wireless Set No. 19 Group Chat Area
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AC Supply! for #19's

Good Day All, I have Become the prowd owner of 2 #19's Both MKIII's I have them both running on the Dynamotor Supplies! but would like to Build an AC supply for them! I have been told that the Hetahkit HP-13 Series supplies will work! Has anyone Tried This combo! Any any Articlesryya written on the subject!? Any Help will be appreciated!! Thanks Jeff W1AEA

Do you own a serviceable 19 Set? Yes

Re: AC Supply! for #19's

The high output voltage of the HP13 is 750-800V which is too high. It should be around 540-560V for the xmtr portion. The low output on the low tap is right on at 265V. Both outputs of the HP13 provide enough current so if the HT can be brought down it should work.

Thanks Bruce I figured on a voltage Divider and regulator Circuit to drop the HV to the proper level. Thank you for the response, If i could find the Original AC Supply for the Set that would be Great! Thanks Again Jeff W1AEA

Do you own a serviceable 19 Set? yes

Dear Jeff, please conect me regarding your TenTec (seen in qrz).
Im very very intereted in it, it is rate here in mid Eurore...
Thanks Jan ok1qo

Do you own a serviceable 19 Set? yes