netbikes Motorcycle Auctions & Classic Motorcycle Rebuilds FORUM

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Banter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Haigslea Motorcycle Swap Meet just gone

http://auction.netbikes.com.au/vjmw.php?page=rides

Haigslea Motorcycle Swap Meet QLD FEB 2

Thoroughly enjoyed last weekend , I left here at 4:15AM and very dark and the extra front 100w spotlight on , went down all the twisty's of the back range from here and only saw 1 Roo , hit the bottom and then through Gatton and then onto the highway and then hit Gatton MacChukkers at around 5:25AM , after ma-chucking off again and hit the Haigslea gates at around 6:35AM and nearly fell off the bike when I noticed there musta been a hundred people already there!

$3 bucks to get in as I'm privileged , or the bike was? and it was a good day until 12 hundred hours , blasted back up the back range now it was light and wore all those rubber pointy bits sticking off the sides on the tyres , poor old engine . FYI ..

Re: Haigslea Motorcycle Swap Meet just gone

yes was a good day, I went on my 89 ZXR750, noted through out the morning a lot of people checking it out, should have put a for sale sign on it, that said that sort of money is generally not spent at places like that. Was going to take a truck load of parts as a seller but just couldn't be bothered really. Maybe next swap I'll find more energy.

A 89 aye , its nearly a late model bike I can say that being a 82 , did you get in for 3 bucks too .

Money money money , I might guess you might have enjoyed yourself that day not being concerned about the dollar I know I did it was a real good day , I met some nice people a cupla nice Sheila's too .

A nice BSA Bantam was cheap , same for a Goldstar , cupla going older Honda 750's seemed good value I noticed actually there was quite a few complete bikes both Jap and English and European , did you see that Honda 750 motor sitting in the Yamaha badged bike? , I was parked next to it and never figured out what it was supposed to be .

Even saw some XJ bits too but I was just looking not spending as I went for the ride but if there was something that I really needed I would have forked out , a bloke is taking a cupla XJ's for wrecking to the Maleny swap but I'm not going there as yet .

Barrels and pistons will be turning up soon for the banger xj and cheap too , piston fit is like new so i'll just lightly hone them , and then i'll get the barrel tops skimmed and 10 thou off the head and chuck it back together with new STD rings that are on the way right now , talkin about money , 30 bucks for a complete ring set these days from japon , sounds better than 100 bucks for 1 piston set aye via Yamaha , about time I reckon ..YaY no more rattles and resonant vibes.

As I went through Gatton I noticed the ShowGrounds were having big work done to them I wonder where they had the Gatton swap? which I had forgotten about , its been good every time I have been there at that swap too .

The yamhonda belongs to a mate of mine, Ian Okeefe, he bought the Yam new, not sure when he put the honda motor in, he still has the Yam motor and it is being done up now. He also has a original K2 honda, a Z9 and a XS650.

My zxr is the most modern bike I have, if your 25 it's a old bike, if your 60 its new :)

I didn't even really look at anything much, just chatted with a couple of mates mostly.