netbikes Motorcycle Auctions & Classic Motorcycle Rebuilds FORUM

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Banter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Its been ages so i'll post

All the best for the New Year Chris btw ...

The Yam XJ750 is still up and at it , I got the seat recovered a few weeks back and it looks better than new , a local saddlery bloke did the job (out rural here) , the latest things also was I fitted a round trail bike speedo on the side of the Atari dash to get some more resolution on speed as with the stock one 5kph was a needle width! , its turned out well .

Some 4:1 headers are turning up next week cheap off the bay , my 4:1 were only 32mm diameter I think off a 650 maybe? , these new but old ones are 35.5mm , the same bloke has some barrels and I plan to get them and do a rebore on those and then get some pistons/rings all ready to do a straight swapover as the bike is the only set of wheels I have .

I guess I have been putting on 12-15k per year all up just doing local transport , fitted a new battery last winter as the cold -12c carked the other battery , those yellow moto-batt's are real good imo , the bike is still not using oil after the re-ring but are those pistons getting noisy .

Ok that's the trivia and I gather all's well here , cheers , Paul ...

Re: Its been ages so i'll post

Looks like this and its very accurate which was a fluke (the correct ratios).

New old pipes on , its a bit LOUD but I think I got it covered , at least now I can pull out the rear axle without removing the muffler now ..

I'll be ordering more bits and pieces for maintenance soon , like side cover rubber grommets , clevis pin for the seat and small stuff like that .

Well its been awhile with the pipes on and it was worth the effort imo .

It actually pulls hard now from 5000rpm and actually gets to redline or beyond easily , those smaller diameter pipes like I guessed were really choking it off ..

Just received some new 812 pistons kit last week , I have a spare set of barrels so I'll get those rebored and get ready for a swap over soon-ish(after I get tooth fixed in gob ).