netbikes Motorcycle Auctions & Classic Motorcycle Rebuilds FORUM

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Suzuki
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what does the "sm"mean on the gt250 model parts?

Hey, im new to this site and have just bought myself a GT250 72 model.
im looking for parts on ebay but not sure what the "SM" means, eg gt 250 SM47 or GT250 SM84 can anyone tell me?

also do all the 72-75 models have the same engines so parts can be interchangable between them?

anybody have a kickstart assembly or an oil pump and oil lines?

Thanks
Steve.

Re: what does the "sm"mean on the gt250 model parts?

Hi Steve, not sure what the SM means but I know one seller on ebay, mistermonkeyclaw, that has his one part number for his own records.

1974 and 75 GT250 have 4 bearing cranks so yes they are different, btw the GT250 did not start till 1973 so if you have a 72 it is a T250.

I'll have the parts you need but will need to pull a bottom end apart to get the kick starter shaft unless you mean just the kicker, I have that also. Chris

Hey Chris.
So the Cylinder heads that have the Ram Air covers wont fit the t250 engine?

The bike i have used to be a race bike so the oil pump and kick start has been removed. I need the whole kick start assembly from the kick start lever including the gears that engage the engine to kick it over.

I also need the whole oil pump assembly and oil lines and banjo bolts and speedo drive gear too. how much would you be selling the parts for?

Thanks for that
Steve.

Also the engine no has GT 250 in front of the no, so does the frame. so how do i tell if i have the right year model or not?

Steve.

send me the frame and engine numbers, and where are you located? Send to my email ..chris

Hey chris
for some reason my email wont work on this site sorry,
engine no: GT250-109696
frame no: GT250-109695

try email me if you can,
Cheers
Steve.

located in perth WA.

steve, have sent you a email, let me know if you don't receive it. chris