netbikes Motorcycle Auctions & Classic Motorcycle Rebuilds FORUM

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Suzuki
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted: either airbox boots or complete airbox GS suzuki

Gday all, I am chasing a solution for my GS750.

I either need some new air intake boots (from airbox to carby) or a complete airbox to suit my GS750 (1977 model) which has the VM26SS carbys.

I got given an airbox from a GS850 but it was to suit the CV carbs so the boots are too large to fit on my VM's.

If I can use the 850 airbox my carby inlets are 43mm and the airbox side is 51mm

I think from memory the standard GS750 boots are a total length of 60mm long, and they have a flanged end (like a velocity stack)

Shoot me an email if you have a solution please :)

Re: Wanted: either airbox boots or complete airbox GS suzuki

Get the part number and put that exactly into a google search, bet you find some somewhere in the world.

chris

netbikes
Get the part number and put that exactly into a google search, bet you find some somewhere in the world.

chris

Thanks Chris, already done that, cheapest was $130 from usa (ebay)

Someone here in Aus must have one laying around???

have you tried findapart.com.au ?

there is also http://www.partmart.com/control.php

chris

yep tried both, nothing there :'( Got email back from findapart com au team show and go saing that nothing available :'(

tried a multitude of bike wreckers, they either tell me they have nothing, or cbf looking I guess :'(

With the amount of the GS series bikes that were in Australia I am certain SOMEONE must have one SOMEWHERE lol

Pod filters (YUCK) were a big conversion on these series bikes over the years!

mmm the challenge is on:-)
Have you tried Ross at Tairo wreckers?
http://www.tiaromotorcyclewreckers.com/

Also the malany swap meet is in the 17/18 this month, I'll look for you if you are not going.

chris

I just tried Ross @ Tiaro but he has nothing :'(

Mate (ghighly experienced with the whole GS suzuki range) said that if I could get one from the early GS850's they were also fitted with VM26 mikunis and would fit up, and had the nice chromed end covers instead of the GS750 plain black ones.

He wasnt sure of the year model though, and said probably was the 78/79 models.

that should at least widen the search for you. At the gatton swap last year there was a seller there with a broken up GS750, lets hope he is at the Maleny swap this month.

Hey Andy

This guy has 2 for sale, he might have one or know someone who does

http://qld.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-motorbikes-motorcycles-scooters-motorbikes-motorcycles-Two-GS-750s-For-Sale-W0QQAdIdZ360228104

Chris

Hi Chris, this post can be removed if you like. I had some computer problems and been busy so forgot to reply.

I managed to get an airbox with rubbers in good condition :)