netbikes Motorcycle Auctions & Classic Motorcycle Rebuilds FORUM

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Suzuki
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1980 Suzuki GSX 250E vs 1983 GSX 250??

Does anyone know if some of the parts on a later (83) Suzuki GSX250 will fit a 1980 GSX250? Is the engine exactly the same? Are the carbs & clutch the same? How about the forks, wheels, stuff like that? Obviously tank and panels are different but what about stuff that could be swapped over, like the front and rear mudguard, exhaust system, clocks, hey the wiring loom would be handy as well as all the electrical components???

As you may have guessed I have the 1980 version and it's proving difficult to find parts, I guess its getting pretty old now. I'm trying to keep this bike as original as possible, if anyone has any bits that you'd like to find a new home I'd be interested to know what you have.

Definately not bike weather here today (Sunshine Coast... NOT!)

What's a tag????

Re: 1980 Suzuki GSX 250E vs 1983 GSX 250??

Ash the wheels will be fine, I have a very good set if you need them, the forks will be ok too, don't have them any more, the wire harness I have is for electronic ignition so if yours runs the same and not points it will work too. I have the rear guards and again I think the same, I also have a front guard, plastic, that i think will fit too..chris