Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: baby teeth

If I were you, I would get them done as soon as possible as it is important to allow the dog's mouth room to its adult teeth to come through. You don't want the dog to be in pain as it could be, the adult teeth will soon start to come through the gums and unless there is a space for them, they will grow next to the baby teeth which will mean that when the baby teeth do fall out, the adult teeth probably won't be in the correct place.

Hope this is of some help to you.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have a 7 month pom. She is such a joy. When I took her to the vet at six months, he told me she should have lost all her baby teeth and I should have them pulled. There were two sets of teeth where the baby ones were still there and the adult ones were squeezing in. Since then she has lost one of those, but there is another set that is now the same. How long should I wait before having them removed?

Re: Re: baby teeth

I have to agree with Kathy have your Pomeranian's teeth attended to as soon as possible.

Good luck

Denise

Replying to:

If I were you, I would get them done as soon as possible as it is important to allow the dog's mouth room to its adult teeth to come through. You don't want the dog to be in pain as it could be, the adult teeth will soon start to come through the gums and unless there is a space for them, they will grow next to the baby teeth which will mean that when the baby teeth do fall out, the adult teeth probably won't be in the correct place.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Replying to:

I have a 7 month pom. She is such a joy. When I took her to the vet at six months, he told me she should have lost all her baby teeth and I should have them pulled. There were two sets of teeth where the baby ones were still there and the adult ones were squeezing in. Since then she has lost one of those, but there is another set that is now the same. How long should I wait before having them removed?