Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Potty Training Help Please

http://www.pomeranian.net/pom/toilet.htm

Godo luck with your Pomeranian. At least he does not go potty in the crate or his bed. So it sounds like it is possible to train this little dog easily. There belly bands oyu can buy to stop males lifting legs on furniture. Another helpful thing is wee wee pads. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Denise

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi everyone. I have decided to adopt the pomeranian that I am fostering!!! He is about 1 years old, and has never been properly potty trained. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would potty train an older dog? After all, he isn't a puppy anymore. He never goes potty in his crate or bed!!! However this is probably just instinct as dogs usually don't wet their own beds! BUT, I need to get him on a proper schedule, or at least know when he has to go! I also just had him neutered yesterday, but he is in that "leg lifting" habit, EVERYWHERE! Someone please help. Feel free to email me some links or suggestions to nilum@hotmail.com SUBJECT: YOUR POM! Thanks, Nilum

Re: Re: Potty Training Help Please

THank you for your help. I have been working with him for the past month. He has had a lot of accidents, maybe b/c he is not a puppy anymore? I am patient though and we are still working on it. THe worse part is being scared that he will poo or pee all over the place so I take him out quite a bit. He seems to be adjusting! Now it's time for socialization! Oh boy, here we go! Got to love my lil' Chico! haha.

Replying to:

http://www.pomeranian.net/pom/toilet.htm

Godo luck with your Pomeranian. At least he does not go potty in the crate or his bed. So it sounds like it is possible to train this little dog easily. There belly bands oyu can buy to stop males lifting legs on furniture. Another helpful thing is wee wee pads. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Denise

Replying to:

Hi everyone. I have decided to adopt the pomeranian that I am fostering!!! He is about 1 years old, and has never been properly potty trained. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would potty train an older dog? After all, he isn't a puppy anymore. He never goes potty in his crate or bed!!! However this is probably just instinct as dogs usually don't wet their own beds! BUT, I need to get him on a proper schedule, or at least know when he has to go! I also just had him neutered yesterday, but he is in that "leg lifting" habit, EVERYWHERE! Someone please help. Feel free to email me some links or suggestions to nilum@hotmail.com SUBJECT: YOUR POM! Thanks, Nilum