Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
People Problems

Hello,

I have been posting messages on this forum for some time now and they have been working so well for me. I was hoping for some more advice.

I have been having problems with a pomeranian I bought nearly 3 months ago. When I bought him he was very ill and malnourished. We got him all fixed up and now he is almost a healthy 4 lbs. However, he has been very timid and fragile since the day he came home.

Beamer(my pom) has always ran away from us when we try to come near him. He won't eat around us, or play with us. We haven't even hardly been able to potty train him b/c he won't come around us and we don't see him do his *business*.

If we try to come near him he won't stop yelping.

I love him dearly. He has such a wonderful personality when he wants to be near you, but it has come to the point that he wont come when he is called or wont move if we take him outside with us anymore. He doesn't like sudden movements and won't come out of his scared world.

I guarantee you we do nothing to hurt Beamer. We just need some sort of information on how to get him to trust us. Help us tame our little angel.

Thankyou,

Troubled mother

Re: People Problems

Dear troubled mother, wow! what problem pomeranian children. I would start by giving him a treat as well as a big cuddle everytime you picked him up.Spend time cuddling him and talking softly to him, then give him a treat. You will have to be patient but it will work. Whatever has happened in the past will become a very distant memory and your love and kindness will oversome this problem. Just be patient. Take care. Denise

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello,

I have been posting messages on this forum for some time now and they have been working so well for me. I was hoping for some more advice.

I have been having problems with a pomeranian I bought nearly 3 months ago. When I bought him he was very ill and malnourished. We got him all fixed up and now he is almost a healthy 4 lbs. However, he has been very timid and fragile since the day he came home.

Beamer(my pom) has always ran away from us when we try to come near him. He won't eat around us, or play with us. We haven't even hardly been able to potty train him b/c he won't come around us and we don't see him do his *business*.

I love him dearly. He has such a wonderful personality when he wants to be near you, but it has come to the point that he wont come when he is called or wont move if we take him outside with us anymore. He doesn't like sudden movements and won't come out of his scared world.

I guarantee you we do nothing to hurt Beamer. We just need some sort of information on how to get him to trust us. Help us tame our little angel.

Thankyou,

Troubled mother

Re: Re: People Problems

Thankyou so much for the treat idea when i pick my pom up. It has been a month and already he so behaved and usually dont give him a treat even. I think he just needed a little extra push to learn to trust me and my husband.Thanks

Replying to:

Dear troubled mother, wow! what problem pomeranian children. I would start by giving him a treat as well as a big cuddle everytime you picked him up.Spend time cuddling him and talking softly to him, then give him a treat. You will have to be patient but it will work. Whatever has happened in the past will become a very distant memory and your love and kindness will oversome this problem. Just be patient. Take care. Denise

Replying to:

Hello,

Thankyou,

Troubled mother