Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dry Foot Pads

Hi there,

It's winter in Canada right now. Does anybody know how to protect my baby's foot pads from drying and peeling? He only goes out in the snow for a few minutes at a time to do his business but it really makes his pads dry. I've been rubbing Vaseline lotion on him (don't know if that's harmful or not) and I just read that Petroleum jelly will also help protect it. Might anybody have a better suggestion?

Thanks!

Re: Dry Foot Pads

As I live in Australia. that is not a problem, I have to worry about, so I cannot help you. Maybe someone else could be kind enough to answer this question.

Take care

Denise

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi there,

It's winter in Canada right now. Does anybody know how to protect my baby's foot pads from drying and peeling? He only goes out in the snow for a few minutes at a time to do his business but it really makes his pads dry. I've been rubbing Vaseline lotion on him (don't know if that's harmful or not) and I just read that Petroleum jelly will also help protect it. Might anybody have a better suggestion?

Thanks!

Re: Dry Foot Pads

I have a little pom in Canada aswell and what I do is wipe his little paws with baby wipes as soon as he gets in from outside, which gets any of the dirt and salt out of his paws..and they are not rough or dry... hope it helps

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi there,

Thanks!